What do I need to wear for classes?
Whilst our uniform can be found via the uniform tab, please don't buy anything special! Settle in first. Obviously, if you're starting tap it's hard to tap without tap shoes- but wear something hard soled initially to get a feel for it.
Please wear something comfortable that you can move in i.e. leggings/shorts/t-shirt. Please do not wear dresses or jeans.
For ballet/jazz/contemporary bare feet. For street/MT (etc) clean trainers or pumps may be worn (no mud).
How do I buy uniform?
You can buy uniform from us. Seek the uniform tab.
Do you do shows/exams?
Yes we do. Both are optional.
We are fully registered with the RAD/IDTA. We hold 3 exam sessions per year for those interested in progressing through the award scheme.
We also hold yearly shows in a professional working theatre. Taking part in our show is purely optional. At present, we have performances planned for March 2021, but understandably we have to await COVID restrictions to be lifted.
My child is very shy. Can I come into the first class with her/him?
I am terribly sorry but no, not at this time. If you are concerned, (and your child is Reception age)- please consider our pre-school class (parent and child) so you can enter with them.
We are most happy to schedule a Zoom call with your child/you prior to class day OR you can watch one of the videos we have produced introducing you to your teacher before the day.
If you feel uneasy about this- please get in touch. We may suggest for you to delay your booking until restrictions begin to lift and we are able to invite parents on site. I am so sorry for this.
Can I cancel my place/change class?
You can read our full T& C’s on booking; but here is the cancellation section copied for you.
- Your right to cancel, termination of classes and changes to your booking
6.1 Childrens Dance Classes
- If you have booked a class, and decide to cancel it before it starts, you will lose your registration fee online.
- After your initial session which you will ‘pay on the door’, we expect you to communicate with us to tell us whether if a) you would like to cancel or b) you want to continue. The bill must then be paid at the second class. We operate a strict no payment-no place policy to avoid the accumulation of student debt on account.
- If you have paid your bill for the half term period, and the registration fee and your child decides to not continue with their classes- you will be subject to pay for the latter of the half term period. Your place would automatically cancel at the next holiday period and would be released to our waiting list.
- If you need to make any changes to your booking i.e. class selection- and we have space in the class you wish to attend, we will happily arrange this for you. If the class is of a higher value you would need to pay the difference
What measures are you putting into place to mitigate the transmission of COVID?
We at Elevations Academy Leeds/Defying Gravity Gymnastics are conscious that Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been and continues to be a growing concern for members of the public. We want to reassure our clients that we are monitoring the situation carefully as advised by the Chief Medical Officer, Public Health England and the World Health Organisation. We have a COVID risk assessment and a COVID policy. Students who book for our classes receive full information regarding the measures we have in place, or you are welcome to enquire with an email.